Android is an operating system based on Linux and an equivalent to Apple’s iOS. The global spread of the operating system was initiated by Google in 2007 in co-operation with a number of hardware and telecommunication companies.
As of January 2012, the companies producing Android devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, have sold more than 200 million units. The number is growing by millions every month.
With an Android device, there are many applications (apps) available for purchase and download directly from Android Market. Searching for and buying an app from Android Market is easy, and the download and installation is done automatically.
Android Market now contains more than 400,000 apps with a total number of downloads exceeding 10 billion apps.
An Android app can reach more than 200 million potential buyers, making this a very attractive market for application providers.
LET Software and Android application development
In 2011, LET Software initiated Android application development, and offers custom-made applications for smartphones and tablets. We have developed a wide range of apps, including dictionaries, games, and interactive video apps.
We can handle all parts of the process, from concept development to publication on Android Market. We can also take an existing product as a starting point and adapt it for smartphones and tablets.
Dictionaries, encyclopaedias and books are quickly realised using our latest software available for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows. The iPhone and iPad versions have been downloaded more than 150,000 times, and the payment versions of our apps typically get very high ratings.
With recommendations from us, you’ll decide on the sales price for your apps. Most apps are released in at least two versions: a free LITE version and a payment or subscription version. Android Market takes 30% of all sales, leaving 70% to the app provider. LET Software takes a share of this amount, depending on the price of our services.